Electronic Hardware Engineer
Coquitlam, British Columbia
As an Electronic Hardware Engineer at Photonic, you will become an integral part of our engineering team designing and optimizing mixed-signal electronics. You will have the opportunity to design digital and analog electronic circuitry for implementing truly scalable quantum computers. You will collaborate closely with a dedicated team of engineers and scientists to realize systems needed for implementing truly scalable quantum computers. This role, you will draw on your technical expertise as well as your critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
Photonic Inc Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Get in on the ground floor with a quantum startup company set to revolutionize computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can take risks while tackling cutting-edge challenges every day
- Inclusive and open company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
What we need you to do
- Design and realize mixed-signal electronic circuits, and subsystems.
- Design circuits that involve high-frequency low-noise analog front ends, ADCs, DACs, FPGAs, Microcontrollers, and DSPs
- High speed digital and analog design
- Diagnose and resolve complex interactions between RF, digital, power and software
- Prepare schematics with common EDA and assist with PCB design
- Source required parts, equipment, and work with relevant vendors
- Build and use benches for assembly, test, and measurement.
- Direct, develop and/or conduct experiments as needed to support design efforts
- Evaluate designs with numerical simulations and detailed comparison with test data
- Present results to cross-functional teams
What you bring to our team
- Sc. (+ at least 5 years of industrial experience), MSc or PhD (+ at least 3 years of industrial experience) with industrial experience in digital/analog design
- Practical experience with measurement equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Network Analyzer).
- Familiarity with impedance control in PCB designs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express complex technical concepts in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements. Demonstrated ability to creatively solve engineering problems
- Experience working in a start-up company, working with senior leadership, scientists, engineers, and other team members
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in rapidly changing research environment
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Exceptional candidates will have one or more of:
- Electronic layout and simulation tools like Altium Designer, OrCAD-PSpice, Cadance, or equivalent
- Familiarity with RF-Microwave circuit design and measurement, High-frequency signals, EMI, and EMC
- Proven experience designing and optimizing electronic circuits and systems
- Proficiency in electronic bench experiments with tools such as meters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with electronics designed for vacuum and cryogenic operation is a plus
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. It would be beneficial if you have familiarity with quantum physics, mathematics, and programming, but we will ensure that team members will have the opportunity to gain experience about quantum computing as we grow.