Coquitlam, British Columbia
You are a trouble-shooter and problem solver, working on a wide variety of IT responsibilities in our quantum computing company. You overcome barriers that exist between development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as you support, design, plan, and test our information technology systems, including our security infrastructure and our remote working environment.
You will be the go-to person for helpdesk support for our on-site and remote employees. Plus, you’re equally comfortable with tackling IT responsibilities, whether its laying fibre and racking equipment as we build out our quantum lab, setting up secure remote access for our team, onboarding new employees with the right equipment, or troubleshooting network issues.
This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to develop your skill set, gain exposure to a range of technologies and projects, and learn from a wider team of software, hardware, and quantum engineers.
Please include a cover letter with your resume (in one file) describing how you would be a great fit at Photonic and what attributes you could bring to our growing team.
Photonic Inc Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Get in on the ground floor with a quantum startup company set to revolutionize computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can take risks while tackling cutting-edge challenges every day
- Inclusive and open company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits (including life insurance, extended health, dental, long term disability, and a flexible spending account), and potential upside
What we need you to do
- Manage the IT infrastructure for on-site and remote employees, as well as vendors and contractors
- Deploy and resolve issues regarding Windows desktops, laptops, iOS devices, servers, printers, network, Microsoft Office 365 and Teams.
- Develop and build IT solutions – including installing and configuring solutions, implementing reusable components, translating technical requirements, assisting with all stages of test data, developing interface stubs and simulators, and performing script maintenance and updates
- Plan, configure, test, and monitor new information technology systems
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Develop disaster preparedness and recovery plans
- Design and install new system upgrades
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency and enhance workflows
- Protect company data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, and other necessary means
- Coordinate between the company and external vendors and contractors about IT-related infrastructure and development
What you bring to our team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, plus 2 to 3 years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid IT support experience in Windows and Microsoft Office 365 environment
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming and scripting languages, and networking protocols configuration
- Experience deploying remote access technologies with multi-factor authentication
- Hands on experience in networking security, databases and servers
- Experience with a wide variety of software tools – source control tools, continuous integration tools, and team management tools
- Experience in Linux server administration, NoSQL and relational database knowledge
- Hands-on experience with virtualization
- Experience with the agile methodology of project management and the supporting tools (i.e Jira)
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in an early-stage start-up environment
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. Our ideal candidate has worked in an environment that supports software engineers as well as a hardware lab that contains a wide variety of electronic, optical and mechanical systems and electronic test equipment, low-temperature systems, and machine shop and research equipment.