Semiconductor Process Engineer
Date of Job Posting
January 7, 2021
Vancouver/Remote, British Columbia
The Semiconductor Process Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of routines and processes to fabricate Photonic’s next generation of quantum chips. As a team player with an in-depth understanding of semiconductor device fabrication, you will spend a significant portion of your day in a cleanroom environment, as well as collaborating daily with a diverse, multi-disciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and other technical team members.
Photonic Inc. Vancouver/Remote, British Columbia
- Get in on the ground floor with a quantum startup company set to revolutionize computing
- Work closely with some of the brightest innovators in quantum technologies
- Enjoy a fast-paced and fun environment where you can take risks while tackling cutting-edge challenges everyday
- Inclusive and open company culture
- Competitive salary, benefits, and potential upside
What we need you to do
- Develop routines and processes to fabricate Photonic’s next generation of chips. Processes are diverse and may include photo- and electron-beam lithography, wet and plasma processing, material deposition, wafer thinning, dicing, and packaging.
- Execute routine but precision device processing to maintain highly reproducible results at unprecedented yield
- Do precision device characterization
- Script, write, or modify test programs
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all processes performed
- Write operating procedures and result analysis reports
- Interact regularly with materials and services suppliers
- Collaborate with a highly multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- Contribute to solutions to complex engineering problems
What you bring to our team
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Applied Science or another relevant discipline. Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering or Applied Science is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong hands-on experience in semiconductor device fabrication (preferably silicon photonics, or Optical MEMS) demonstrated by a portfolio of fabricated devices
- Experience with optical and electron lithography tools.
- Experience with device characterization tools (Microscopy, SEM, AFM, FIB, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis tools (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Experience with layout data preparation and processing software
- Computer skills, including mask layout and CAD-related software
- Experience in a research and/or research & development setting, involving micro/nano-fabrication process development
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve engineering problems
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Yes, I would like to apply
If the above description sounds like you, you can send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application below.